I have to admit, I have started googling recipes and just making whatever recipe has the most and best ratings on it, and I’ve done pretty well recently with this practice. So I thought I’d let you in on a few of the not-so-secret recipes I’ve found on the internet recently, that I think you should probably try.
- Pumpkin Bread – now, I had a bit of trouble with this recipe after the first time I made it, but when I first made it I only used one can of pumpkin (because that’s all I had), and it was perfect. I can’t imagine what it would be like with the full 2 1/2 cups of pumpkin, but you are welcome to try it! I also didn’t make the streusel topping, which I’m sure is divine. Also, if you don’t have buttermilk, you can mix together regular milk and white vinegar as a substitute (or these other options)
- Cornbread – this is a sweet cornbread, and it is phenomenal. I use 2 tsp baking powder instead of the 3 1/2 it calls for, but otherwise the recipe is perfect.
- Butternut Squash Soup – we officially make this in our household every two weeks, if not more often. It is Marshall’s favorite meal. I never really measure the butternut squash, I just always use one big one. I have absolutely no idea why it calls for two packages of cream cheese though, I literally use 1/8 to 1/4 of one package and it is more than enough. I used half of a package one time and it was way too much. So definitely go easy on the cream cheese. You can always add more. Oh, and do yourself a favor: get an immersion blender. Oh, and then do your self another favor: make the cornbread with it.
- Spaghetti – this I made for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and all of our guests loved it. It is a little different tasting, particularly if you use the italian sausage (you can use ground beef instead, if you like), but it is sooo tasty. I definitely recommend trying this one. I will cook it again very soon.
- Chicken Noodle Soup – made this for myself when I was sick one day, and it fulfilled all my hopes and dreams for the day. I used chicken thighs because we had them, and I think it made the soup tastier.
And then of course there are always the recipes that I’ve already posted on the blog, which can all be found right here.
Now get cookin’!